Thursday, July 31, 2008

He knows he's right...

Today we went to Tom Thumb to get a few groceries. On the way out, Aidan heard someone on the store intercom system saying something like, "Customer service manager, call 202. Customer service manager, call 202." I'm not sure exactly what they said, as I was trying to get two kids and a bunch of groceries to the car! Aidan heard it, however, and said, "That's not right. It's supposed to be 201. They always say 201." I have no idea if they "always" say 201 or not, but I could not believe that he was so sure that he was right and that they were doing the wrong thing. I tried to discuss it with him a little, but I was obviously wasting my breath!

Won't it be fun to homeschool him! Actually, it will be fun to do school. He loves to learn and loves to be busy. Some days I'm just not sure how to handle him. It's hard to teach someone to be teachable. It's also hard to pick which battles are worth having. Obviously, this Tom Thumb discussion was not worth having, but it is a problem that he approaches life assuming that he knows more than everyone else.

Time to go look at curriculum options...

No comments:

Post a Comment