Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My son is 5!


Aidan turned 5 on Tuesday! I can't believe it! He woke up saying, "well, I don't feel 5..." I also don't feel like the mother of a 5 year old!
He had his first birthday party with friends. I wanted to wait until he was old enough for a friend party to actually go well, and we had a great time! We had a castle theme. When the kids came in, the boys made crowns, and the girls made medieval princess hats. I'm not sure what you call those...

We read "The Frog Prince" and then played "hot potato" with a stuffed frog.
We also played "pin the coins on the treasure chest." It was quite funny! Jordan got this castle stone paper at Teacher's Tools, and we made a castle on the wall. I made the treasure chest and "coins" out of poster board.

Then we had pizza for lunch - Aidan's choice!




Jordan organized the gift time, and did a great job! He held up each present, and had the person who brought it raise their hand. Some of the kids made the cards themselves, and I am going to save them because they are so cute!


On Sunday we are celebrating Aidan's birthday and Dad's birthday with the family, and then we can take a break on birthdays for a while!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment