Monday, January 26, 2009

Bible Time with a Two Year Old

Today our day has gone like this:

Breakfast
Fighting over toys
Getting dressed
Bible Time
Fighting over seats on the couch
Fighting over toys
Violin practice
Curious George
Fighting over who turns off Curious George
Fighting over colored pencils
School time
Fighting over toys
Lunch
More Fighting over toys

Finally, I sat them down on the couch, and we looked up a few verses about fighting. We read Proverbs 20:3 that says that "any fool will quarrel." We talked about loving our family members and desiring to please God more than loving toys. I thought I was getting somewhere, and then Gresham prayed this prayer at the end...

Mom: Say, God please forgive me
Gresham: God 'give me
Mom: for being selfish
Gresham: selfish
Mom: and mean
Gresham: and mean
Mom: Help me
Gresham: Help me
Mom: to love
Gresham: to love Grandma
Mom: no, to love my BROTHER!

Oh well, I think that Aidan really did get something out of it... We'll see how the rest of the day goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment