Saturday, January 31, 2009

Have you ever wondered...

what it's like to have absolutely no common sense?

Well, then come on down to our house!

Aidan has a tendency to do things without thinking. He is a very impulsive person, and I am hoping he will grow out of it, but I am not holding my breath. This morning, he put a scratch in the glass on our back door (or it may just be a mark - we're not sure) by using his dart gun to smack a dart off of the door. Most people would use their hands to get a dart down, but not my Aidan! Dad reminded him that it is best to think before he does something.

Apparently that reminder went in one ear and out the other because this afternoon, I went into his bedroom with a brand-new quilt that just came in the mail today so that I could try it out on his bed and look at paint samples. I found Aidan standing on a chair on TOP of his bed picking little bits of texture off of the ceiling. There was a pile of little while texture blobs on his bed. What possesses him to do these things?????????

Then tonight, while Gresham was breaking the music stand on the piano, Aidan was cleaning his room because he had gotten each and every toy out of his toy chest right before dinner. I went in to see if he was done. There were still toys on the floor, although the toy chest was so full that the lid wouldn't close. Thinking that this was a little odd, I checked the toy chest, and realized that he had stuffed his COMFORTER into the bottom of the toy chest before putting in the toys. I pulled it out, and out came several toys, and Aidan cried because he had to clean up all over again.

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder what he will be like as an adult...?

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me about the time as a kid I got on the top bunk bed and put silly putty on the ceiling for no reason. Of course when I pulled it off it took a chunk of the ceiling with it. I remember getting a really big lecture about how it took down the value of the house. Little did they know that they would be selling the house to me! : )

    ReplyDelete