Friday, September 19, 2008

Our New Favorite CD's

Check out this link to see our new favorite CD's from Seeds Music! We bought the yellow CD (Faith) and the blue CD (Praise) last week at church, and love them! They are scripture verses put to song, and they are a lot of fun to listen to (and don't sound like they are just for kids!). We picked these two discs because Aidan and I have memorized several of the verses already. It's fun to hear him in the van saying, "Mom! It's Psalm 100! Mom! It's Romans 5:8!"

After a week of listening, I am seeing the benefit of meditating on scripture. One of our favorites is "The Word of the Lord," which is 1 Peter 1:24. "All men are like grass, and all its glory like the flowers of the field. The grass withers, and the flowers fall. But the Word of the Lord stands forever." I was reminded of how transient we are in this life, and yet God and His Word are eternal. Why am I spending so much time and effort on the things of this life, when I should be spending more time on things that are eternal? Now I know that I can't give up laundry or grocery shopping, but I do need to approach life from an eternal perspective.

By the way, memorizing scripture has really been helpful for Aidan. Of course it is something we should do, so I'm kind of pointing out the obvious here, but I have really been encouraged in how it is helping Aidan. If we read the Bible out loud to him, he has a hard time paying attention because the words are so over his head. When he memorizes, we can work on the same verses for several days, and he is really thinking about what the words are and what they mean. It is fun to see him "notice" his verses other places - like hearing them read in church. It is our prayer that the Lord will use these "seeds" in his heart to one day bring him to faith!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these! I am excited about them. I bought Andrew Peterson's slugs and bugs and lullabies and it is great fun...

    ReplyDelete