Friday, September 26, 2008

And more from Gresham...

The other morning, Gresham was disobeying. I asked him, "Who says that you must obey Mommy?"
"God."
"Yes, and does God love you?"
"No! (pause) Dad wuvs you. Grandma wuvs you. Papa wuvs you. Andy wuvs you."

He wasn't disagreeing that God loves him, he just doesn't understand who God is. It was like he was saying, "No, God isn't an actual person in our house. Dad and Grandma are the people who love me!"

Then at lunch, he pointed to the Jolly Green Giant on the baby carrots bag, and said "Mommy!"
I told this story to a mom of a violin student, and she said that her son pointed to one of the Disney princesses and thought it was mommy. What does this say about me? Or my son?

This morning, I asked him if he was going to have a birthday. This may have been our most detailed conversation so far.
"Yes! Birsday! Yea!"
"How old will you be?"
"2. Tober."
"Yes, 2 in October."
"Cake."
"Yes, we will have cake. And presents."
"Truck. Red one."
"You want a red truck?"
"Yes. Aidan hand." (not sure what that meant)

What a delight he is to have in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment