Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aidan and Dad playing with Aidan's Doctor Set

Dad: So, what's wrong with you today?
Aidan: I have a cold and the hiccups every day.
Dad: You have hiccups every day?
Aidan: Well, no, just today. And I have a cough.
Dad: Oh okay, is there anything else bothering you?
Aidan: I sneeze a lot.
(This game was working well for Aidan, who likes to talk about his symptoms...)
Dad: Oh, when you sneeze, do you sneeze anything out?
Aidan: Yes
Dad: What color is it?
Aidan: Mostly green I think.
Dad: Oh, well green means you have an infection, so I'll have to give you a shot.
Aidan: Oh, well that's not the shotter - that's where you put the medicine.
Dad: Who's being the doctor here, you or me?
Aidan: I am.
Dad: It's my turn to be the doctor because you already were. Tell me about your cough. Is it a long one or a short one?
Aidan: It's a long one.
Dad: Like 3 or 4 hours?
Aidan: Yes, actually it's 5 hours.
Dad: Well, if you're coughing for that long, then you need a lung transplant. I saw that you brought an ax in, where did you put it?
(Aidan went and got a knife out of the play food)
Dad pretended to do the operation.
Dad: Okay, now you're going to need to rest and eat nothing but ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment