Saturday, August 18, 2007

You're Only Young Once!

This evening, Aidan relaxed in Jordan's recliner and watched Mary Poppins while I fixed dinner and cooked some meat to have ready for Monday. Then, he ate dinner. Afterwards, he spent about 30 minutes playing a computer game while I washed the dishes, unloaded the dishwasher, and put dishes away - all while fishing things out of Gresham's mouth and kissing Gresham's boo boos, etc... Then, I finished and told Aidan that he needed to end the computer game and put away all the Little People toys that were scattered all over the living room while I changed the sheets on his bed. I even put some in the box to get him started! He immediately started complaining about how big the job was, how tired he was, etc, etc, but I told him that he needed to do it and went to go do his bed. He came in a few minutes later...
"Well, I've already put away more than you did, Mom."
(I'm thinking - your point is...???)
"Okay, well, go back and finish."
"It's just so hard."
"Go back and finish."
A few minutes later, I heard from the living room, "That's it! I'm giving up!"
I went in there and told Aidan that he was almost done and he just needed to put away the rest of the toys. He said, "Oh, I want to finish, Mom. It's just that I'm so tired..."
I couldn't stop laughing!! I went through the events of the evening with him and told him that tomorrow we can trade places!! His response to that was that he will fix himself a ham and cheese sandwich tomorrow because he knows how to make ham and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how their energy suddenly evaporates when chore time comes around? Joel's favorite thing to say is that "it isn't fun." I can then go through all the things in life that you have to do that aren't fun and explain to him that God did not create us to "have fun"- an un-understandable concept to a 5 year old!

    ReplyDelete