Thursday, May 24, 2007

Three Year Old Theology

It has been raining a lot here lately. A lot. Everything has been soggy for weeks and highs are in the low 80's - unusual for late May in Texas! The other day, our plans were changed because of a rainy forecast, but it ended up not raining. I told Aidan, "I guess it's didn't rain today after all."
"Yeah," he said, "I guess God forgot it was going to rain today!" I explained that only God really knows (and controls!) what the weather will do - the weather man on TV is just making an educated guess.
So, today was another rainy day. We were out in the van and Aidan said, "I didn't know it was going to rain today, but God knew. He's the one who makes the rain start and then rain harder."
Maybe we're learning something!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice on those rare occasions that you actually think your child heard and remembered something you said????

    ReplyDelete