Friday, May 18, 2007

Grandma's name isn't Grandma???

Today we had a surprise party for my mom's 60th birthday. The boys and I left the house early to go by her house (she wasn't home) and pick up some photo albums that I thought would be fun to have at the party. Aidan was amazed when I told him that Grandma was born 60 years ago.
"Was I a baby then?" he asked. I told him no, that Grandma was much older than him. In fact, Grandma was 56 when he was born. He then asked if 56 was old enough to walk! Obviously, he has no concept of age or large numbers!!
Then he asked if the people who had Grandma (that would be my grandparents) were trying to think of a name when she was born and they came up with "Grandma." I laughed and told him what her name was. It's fun to get glimpses into how his 3 year old mind works!!
The party was a success, Aidan had fun playing with a friend, and the ladies at the party enjoyed this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment