Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mom the Super-chef

Last Sunday we had Easter dinner at my parents' house. Some of their neighbors came (who also attend our church) and they brought lemonade. It was really good lemonade - I love lemonade, but have been avoiding it because it gives me heartburn. Hers was not very acidic and had fresh lemons, limes, and oranges floating in it. I asked her how she made it, and she said she just uses Kool-Aid and then adds the fresh fruit! So I bought some Kool-Aid.

Fast-forward to Wednesday:

Mom: Aidan, we're going to make lemonade.
Aidan: Wow, really? You know how to make that?
Mom: Um, yes. It's not that hard.
Aidan: Can I have one of those too? (eyeing the Kool-Aid packet)
Mom: No, you don't need your own. This makes a whole pitcher.
Aidan: A whole what?
Mom: Just watch.
Aidan: Wow, that was really fast. I thought it would take you longer to make it.

And on Thursday...

Aidan: Hey Grandma, look what Mom can make! (pulls the pitcher from the refrigerator) She made lemonade herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment