Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finger Snapping and Construction Trucks

I never knew that being 5 was so much fun. There are just so many things to learn that adults don't even think about! On Thursday, Aidan told me, "Annika can snap her fingers! She did that at children's choir, and I told her it was really cool because I can't snap my fingers. Abby says she can't snap hers either."

Throughout the day, he practiced about 10,000 times and finally learned to snap his fingers! He practiced during meals, during school, etc, etc... He kept saying, "Did you hear that one Mom? I think that one was a little louder..." He couldn't wait to show Annika and Abby at church the next time he saw them! He got to see Abby this morning when he went up to church with Jordan to watch the construction on the new children's building, and so he showed her his snapping!

Jordan said that last night when Aidan went to bed, he had a sore spot on his finger from practicing snapping so much.

It's the simple things that make him happy...

The highlight of Gresham's week was watching the construction vehicles excavate the land for the new children's building. We went up there to watch on Wednesday, and Jordan took them again today while I was at the women's retreat. When we walked up to the building on Wednesday, Gresham said, "This is amazing!" He knows the name of all the trucks - bulldozer, excavator, dump truck, etc. He was disappointed that there wasn't a front end loader, and he also was disappointed that the excavator wasn't moving. When I got to the retreat this morning and saw the excavator filling an enormous dump truck, I had to call them right away!

Watching construction for long periods of time is not my favorite thing, but I told Jordan on Wednesday that I think I can handle that a whole lot better than playing ballerina all day... so maybe it's good that I have all boys!

1 comment:

  1. I saw you guys watching the construction - I was so glad the boys got to see that!

    ReplyDelete