Monday, April 13, 2009

Honeybear


On Saturday, we received an ebay order in the mail - a "honeybear" for the new baby. I laughed as soon as I opened it, as the other two in this picture looked exactly like him at one point! I had to buy the new baby one, since honeybear is such an important member of our family! The one on the far left is Aidan's. He received it as a gift before he was born from some of my science students. One day shortly after he turned two, he discovered honeybear in his stuffed animal basket, and told me, "He has nice ears!" He has loved honeybear ever since. (I actually suggested the name, and he took my suggestion - something that hasn't happened since then...)
The middle honeybear is one that I bought on ebay as a back-up for Aidan's. We only needed it once - when he left honeybear in Daddy's car, and honeybear ended up going to work with him. The back-up was NOT the same, and he called Dad at work to ask if Dad would please switch them out when he got home even though he would already be asleep. I can't remember how old Aidan was at the time - probably close to 3.
We gave that one to Gresham when he was born. He has not been as attached to his as Aidan is, until just recently. Now his honeybear goes everywhere with him, and has acquired a nice grubby toddler smell.
The one on the right is the new one - it will be interesting to see if the new baby ends up being attached to his!

No comments:

Post a Comment