Monday, December 15, 2008

It would have been easier to just go myself...

Mom: Phooey, we're out of scotch tape, and I need to wrap the gifts to mail to California tomorrow. Aidan, can you go next door and ask to borrow some scotch tape?
Aidan: Ok! Um, well, actually I think it's too dark.
Mom: It's not too dark. You'll be fine.
Aidan: I don't want to go. It's too dark.
Mom: Would you like a flashlight to take with you?
Aidan: Yes.
Mom: Oh, they're all out of batteries.
Aidan: What kind are these?
Mom: Those are AAA. We need AA.
Aidan: Oh.
Mom: Just go without a flashlight. They'll have their Christmas lights on. You'll be fine.
Aidan: How about my Lightning McQueen flashlight?
Mom: It's out of batteries too, just go.
Aidan: How about... ok.
(Aidan goes out, and comes back in.)
Aidan: It's cold!
Mom: JUST GO!
Aidan: I am, I'm just getting my gloves on!
(Aidan goes out)
Mom: Aidan, the door is not shut all the way! Come back and fix it!

And then Aidan finally comes back with tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment