Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trying to Survive...

I am now 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and it seems like May will never come... Actually, it's good that it is a ways off, because I have a lot to do before then. But this morning sickness stuff is not a lot of fun!

Today, we were supposed to get our ice maker fixed, which I was very excited about. Being pregnant makes my mouth salivate an uncontrollable amount (not sure why - but at least it's not 24 hours a day, just off and on throughout the day) and very cold ice water is about the only thing that makes it better. And gum. Back when the ice maker broke, we looked into getting it fixed, but we knew that it would be a minimum of $65 to get it looked at. My wonderful husband decided that it would be well worth the money to provide me with plenty of ice. Well, the man came today, and found the broken part in about 20 seconds. He said, "This will be a quick fix, but let me get you a price quote first, because this is going to come down to how bad do you want ice."
"Oh boy," I thought. After working on his laptop a few minutes, he determined that it would be $293 to fix it. $102 for the part, and the rest for labor. I said no thanks. He then went on to show me how we could fix it ourselves by buying the part and using a screwdriver to put in four screws. Maybe Jordan should go into ice maker repair so that he can charge $169 to put in four screws!!!!

We also decorated for fall today, and Aidan found this camping chair in my closet while we were getting our fall stuff out and was asking me how to sit in it, and somehow bonked into my head and broke one of the nose pads off my glasses. At least that was a free fix!

Time to go eat another snack... I will survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment