Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Silly Aidan

Aidan has been wanting me to buy fruit snacks, but I won't buy them anymore after an article I read about artificial colors. We found a type of fruit snacks that are all-natural, but they are a whopping $5 per box. I guess all this discussion has made my little 5 year old a little more health conscious because the other day, Aidan asked me to read him the ingredients on the Multi-grain Cheerios box. I read him every ingredient, including the ones that I could barely pronounce.
"Hmm," he said. "So it's artificial."

He is also really taking off with reading. Well, maybe "taking off" is too strong a term. He mostly tells me that he has no idea what something says without even thinking about it. But he's definitely more aware and more interested! Today we went up to my school for a while. On the way, Aidan told me, "Mom, now whenever you say something, I keep thinking about how to spell it."

No comments:

Post a Comment