Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A glimpse into the mind of Aidan...

On Saturday night, I was trying to get Aidan to hurry up and get ready for bed.
Mom: Son, stop goofing around and get ready for bed! We are going to bed early tonight because we have to move our clocks one hour ahead tonight.
Aidan: Why?????
Mom: Well, I don't know, really. It's something we do every year. Tomorrow night, it will still be light after dinner because of the time change. But tonight we will have one less hour of sleep, and so I need you to get to bed.
Aidan: Oh, does God know we're doing this, and He creates the night shorter?
Mom: No, not exactly...

Next year I won't even bring up daylight savings time. I forget that I can't mention things in passing without getting an endless stream of questions!!!

Then tonight he asked me, "Mom, what do you think baby hawks want to be when they grow up?"
I told him they probably just want to do what big hawks do. He agreed, and said that they probably want to be moms and dads because all hawks are moms and dads.

I never know what is going to come out of his mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment