Friday, January 18, 2008

My Evening - by Gresham

Hi, this is Gresham. I figured it was high time there were more stories about me on this blog! My mom mostly talks about Aidan, and all the cute stuff he does, but I'm cute too! Guess it's part of being the second child. Did you know she did a photo album with pictures of him every month of his first year? For me, she didn't even take the pictures! But that's another post for another day...

Anyhow, I gave her a real run for her money tonight, and I thought I'd tell you about it!

Mom was tired tonight, so for dinner she gave in to Aidan and made him peanut butter and jelly, and she made soup for me and her. When I saw the soup, I quickly scanned the table for crackers or bread or chips, but there were none... I saw something green in the soup, however, so I wasn't about to try it! Well, let's just say mom can be very persuasive. So I tried the soup. And it wasn't bad! I ate a few bites, and then started whining for the bowl. So Mom gave me the bowl and spoon (she's not very bright, is she?). That was fun, but she took it away real quick and said something about not being in the mood for a mess. Well, we had some cheese and crackers, and I wanted to go back to the soup. So Mom gave me the bowl again. I guess she figured I might eat some more, and that was worth the mess. Well, she's never seen a baby eat soup with his hands before!!!! I tried to use the spoon, but my fat hands are so clumsy, and it was easier to just scoop it up that way. Boy was that fun, and I ate all the soup!

After dinner I wanted to play with Mom, but she just kept cleaning and cleaning. I have no idea why she does that all the time! Doesn't she know it's better to have fun and do the things you want to do? Well, finally she came to the living room, and we played this silly game with balls. I didn't understand what she and Aidan were trying to do, so I made up my own rules...

Then it was time for my favorite thing - bath time! Aidan and I can work together to make a real good mess at bath time. While Mom was washing Aidan's hair, I dumped cups of water over her arm. It was real funny. At least Aidan and I thought so. Then, after she had dried me off, I hurried off to my room while she was hanging up my towel and made a puddle on the carpet! Next time, she'll get my diaper on first.

While Mom was cleaning up the puddle, I ran back to the bathroom and found the baby wash and opened it. Too bad Mom was so fast - she found me before I had a chance to spill any!

Then we had to brush teeth. I did my favorite trick - mouth shut!!

Ah, what a night. Being one is a lot of fun. More fun than being grown up, I think. And tomorrow I get to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment