Monday, December 17, 2007

I absolutely detest going grocery shopping!

So this morning we went grocery shopping. We have been needing to for days, but since I had a event every night for the past four nights, plus all the rehearsals leading up to those events, I haven't been able to.

Grocery shopping is not my favorite. Even with a well-planned list, it is impossible to think with a one year old chewing on the cart and trying to stand up in it, and a four year old asking for everything under the sun, touching everything, jumping, running, etc., etc...

We were hungry, since there wasn't much to eat for breakfast, so we drove through Chick fil A on the way and got some biscuits. We got to Target, and I loaded up both boys in the cart to eat their biscuits while I shopped. Ha!

Gresham loved the biscuit, and screamed every time there was a break between bites (it's hard to push a cart with 65 lb. worth of boys in it and feed bites of biscuit at the same time!) Then, he screamed when it was gone. We had to go to the pacifier aisle and get a pacifier and open it and give it to him in order to continue on. So, 30 minutes into our trip, we had all eaten biscuits and picked out one present for my brother. At that point, Aidan had the nerve to ask, "Are we done??? I want to be done. I'm tiiiiiiiiired."

So then we started getting our groceries. While I was picking out bread, I heard a crash. Gresham had pulled a jar of mayo off the shelf and dropped it on the floor. Thankfully it didn't break! Aidan chattered nonstop, as usual, which is fine, if all I needed to accomplish in a day was to sit and talk to him.

Aidan: What kind of cereal is that?
Mom: Fruit Loops
Aidan: Why does it have a bird on it? (the generic version next to it did not have one)
Mom: Because that's the character that goes with Fruit Loops
Aidan: Is he in a movie about Fruit Loops?
Mom: No
Aidan: Why not?
Mom: I don't know...

And then in the soup aisle...
Aidan: Mom can we get this soup for dad? (pointing to Lightning McQueen chicken noodle soup.)
Mom: No
Aidan: We can give it to him for Christmas!
Mom: I don't think Dad would be too happy to get soup for Christmas.
Aidan: Why???????
Mom: Well, what would you think if you unwrapped a present, and it was soup.
Aidan: I would want it to be toys.
Mom: Well, then that's why. I think Dad would not like to get soup.
Aidan: But I think that Dad would like to get this soup...
And on and on and on and on...

At least now we are done grocery shopping for a week!!!!! Next week I'll go while Jordan is home...

No comments:

Post a Comment