Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kid Funnies

Wow, I'm on a roll with posting!

On Mondays, Aidan gets a dollar for his allowance. We went out yesterday and ran several errands. I told Aidan that if he brought everything in from the van (which would take him at least 5 trips) that I would give him some extra money. He happily agreed, and started working. The next thing I knew, he was hooking up the shop vac and vacuuming out the van because "he thought it needed it."

I told him that I would give him $1 for his allowance and $2 for cleaning out the car. All I had was a five, so I asked him to get his wallet. I told him that I would give him the five, and he would give me two ones back so that I would be giving him $3. He said, "Okay, let's see how much money I have now. I had $13. Now I have... $16. Every time we do this (me paying him with a five and him giving some ones back), I end up with more money, and I don't know how that happens!"

I explained the transaction again, and he understood the math better this time!

Then last night, Gresham hurt himself while Owen was napping and started screaming. If you haven't been around Gresham, you should know that his screams can shatter glass. I quickly took him into our bedroom and asked him to tell me what happened. He screamed, "I GOT HURT!" I said, "Show me how to say 'I got hurt' in a quiet voice." His response? "I GOT HURT IN A QUIET VOICE!"

And this morning at Bible time, we were reading about the wise men coming to see the baby Jesus. They came into Jerusalem. Aidan said, "Oh!! Is that Drew-slem like in the song I learned in my Sunday School class? Lord, prepare me, to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and Drew... It sounds the same, are those two things the same?" After a good laugh, I told him that the song is supposed to be "tried and true" and Jerusalem starts with a "J" not a "Dr".

It's a good thing they're so cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment