Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yes, Sir!

Tonight Gresham and I went to the library to get some books and movies to entertain Aidan while he still has the flu. Gresham took his shoes off, which is his favorite thing to do while riding in a shopping cart or stroller. I put them in the stroller basket. A few minutes later he asked, "Where are my shoes?" I told him, "I put them in the stroller basket." He responded loudly for all to hear, "NO! Don't put them in the stroller, Mommy! That's disobeying God!"

We have told him that when he disobeys his parents, that he is disobeying God, so I guess that was the strongest thing that he could think of to correct me with. But what I don't get is why he cares where I put his shoes??? Did he want me to carry them around? Leave them on the floor? Who knows. I think he mainly just likes to think that he is the one in charge, which he isn't.

Makes me wonder what God thinks of the irrational ways that I act at times when I'm thinking that I'm in charge...

No comments:

Post a Comment