Monday, March 16, 2009

Rudeness

Now that I am walking around with two little boys and a very pregnant belly, friends and also random strangers seem to feel the need to comment on the gender of the upcoming child. Things like, "So is it a girl this time? No? Oh well, at least you tried." Okay, maybe they don't say that exactly, but that's the attitude. Like having a third was a fine idea because we were trying for a girl. If we already had one of each gender, I'd probably get lots of people wondering why in the world we were having another one.

Three boys is fine with me; in fact, they are a blessing from the Lord! I do feel like I'm raising golden retrievers at times, but they sure are loyal to their mom. They will support me well in my old age.

Just this morning, a lady asked while we were out, "So... is this one a girl?" But the best of all was a saleslady in the shoe dept. at Dillard's last week. Obviously they are not selling much these days, because the salespeople were kind of vulture-like.

Her: Are you looking for anything in particular?
Me: No, just looking
Her: Well, we have lots of good sales right now. Do you like this brand?
Me: Um, uh huh
Her: (eyeing Jordan with the two boys) So... how many more are you going to have??
Me: One more, for now
Me (to Jordan): Let me show you one pair across the store, and then we can go.
Her: Well, they look just like your husband. Sorry. I know you do all the work.
Me: courtesy laugh
Me (to Jordan): Let's go to the Walking Company and see if they have what I'm looking for...
Her: I heard that!!

10 or so more weeks... Then everyone will look at the cute newborn, and it won't matter that he's dressed in blue... (unless the ultrasound was wrong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment